The Holidays are approaching at full speed..so are the Holiday Savings at Euphora Salon & Medi Spa!
I was wondering a few days ago why my skin began clearing up and I simply couldn’t find the answer. I used to diet religiously (Dukan, Atkins, etc…and the results were great). Now, I took a loooong break from dieting and exercise. Which is unfortunate actually. However, I’m thinking…I used to eat healthy, exercise regularly, I quit smoking, didn’t consume alcohol. Yet, my skin was just all kinds of messed up. I have combination skin, meaning it’s outrageously oily at times and dry in the winter.
So I was thinking, now that I don’t exercise, don’t diet, smoke, and consume alcoholic beverages at times…how in the world is my skin better than it used to be?! I didn’t find an answer that night. I realized this literally just now. My foundation is called Microclear by Neutrogena. HELLO! This baby contains salicylic acid, duh! That’s the reason I bought it. My shade is called Soft Beige #50. I’ve been using it since the end of summer when my skin was darker and still have the same bottle today. And I must say, the shade blends in beautifully. The consistency is great and allows me to spread it evenly. I can’t tell that I have make up on at all, which is great because with other foundations I felt awkward being in bright lights where people could see I had layers of makeup on.
The price is on the higher end of other drugstore liquid foundations, I think. It was about $13 at Rite-Aid (think Duane Reade if you’re in New York). But so worth it. It lasts a long time and apparently does work to clear up skin. The coverage can be built up by adding more layers if needed, which is also lovely. What I do, is I apply a thin layer to any post-acne blemishes to cover them up..and then I add an overall layer to my face by patting it on with my palm. No rubbing! In the end, you find up with a smooth and clear look. I definitely recommend it 🙂
One of life’s paradoxes: Women with gorgeous curly or wavy hair are envious of women with silky straight hair and vice versa. What gives? I have naturally straight hair with a hint of wavy and I’ve always admired women with curly locks. They’re so bouncy and flirty, how can you not like them? Yet, I constantly have girls telling me how much they love my smooth flowy hair. Don’t get me wrong, I do too! However, a little curl wouldn’t hurt 😉
So for those ladies who are tired of their curly hair and the frizz that goes along with it, there’s a special treatment…and it’s called KERATIN.
What is Keratin Straightening?
Keratin is a protein that is found in our hair follicles. It helps fill in the gaps of dry or cracked hair. Now if you mix it with a chemical called formaldehyde and run a hot flat iron through it, then your hair will become straight and will actually stay that way. For how long? Usually it lasts up to three months. Although it depends on how quickly your hair grows out. Because the hair that does grow out will of course look like your natural hair since it wasn’t keratin straightened. The good news is that you can go for maintenance or use a hair product if your hair is easily manageable. In terms of price, in most places, the average cost of having your hair straightened is $300. At Euphora Salon & Medi Spa, the price starts at $150 and goes up depending on the length of your hair. So you don’t have to worry about dishing out the big bucks…unless of course your hair is like Rapunzel’s. Can you color your hair after the treatment? Yes. However, we recommend doing so before you get the treatment. This is because the keratin straightening will help seal in the color.
How to maintain your new ‘do.
For some this may come as good news, and for others not so much. Ready? You can’t wash your hair for 3 days after receiving the treatment. This may mean calling out of work for some of you. The reason is that the solution takes some time to really start working. Also, if you’ve ever seen sulfate-free shampoos in a local drug store, then go back and invest in it. They cost about the same as any other shampoo. The only difference is that sulfate-free shampoos will protect your hair and will not strip the treatment off your new gorgeous hair. We recommend using Chroma Sensitive by Kerastase (can be purchased at Euphora Salon & Medi Spa). It is often used with color treated hair since it’s sulfate-free!
Before you go for a Keratin Hair Straightening, make sure you look into the formaldehyde factor. If you have a certain scalp condition, then this treatment may not be for you. Just do your research so that you come prepared. Knowledge is power 😉
Our upscale L’Oreal & Kerastase hair salon is looking for motivated hairstylists to rent a booth. This is a great opportunity to start your own business or take your current business to new territory! Booth renters must have their own clientele and looking to build on current clients. The salon is large, clean, and newly built with onsite parking. We are conveniently located only six blocks away from the Queens Borough Bridge and two blocks away from the M & R trains. Also, we’re only a 10 minute drive from Manhattan. Euphora Salon & Medi Spa is located in a currently developing area where numerous condomeniums and businesses are opening up. So there is great potential here 🙂 Please call 917-846-9341 for further information.
What we offer:
There are various options in terms of weekly/monthly pricing, which will be discussed via phone or upon meeting.
You’re getting married? Congratulations! You’ve stumbled upon this page for someone else who is getting married? Congratulations also…because you’ve come to the right place. Spa Bridal Shower parties are the perfect way to celebrate before the wedding. With all the chaos of planning you will be in need of mind and body relaxation.
So let us help you figure this out step by step.
Who hosts the Bridal Shower Party?
Typically this would be the maid of honor with the help of the bridesmaids. However, it could also be a close friend or relative of the bride.
Pre-Planning (1-2 months before the party)
1. Date–of course the primary thing to do would be to make sure the bride is available on whichever date you decide on. In our experience, the majority of spa bridal showers fall on the weekend. This is when everyone is most likely to get together.
2. Venue–you may decide to have the party either at an actual spa or at your house. Whatever makes you happy. However, keep in mind, unless you have a pool and jacuzzi in the comfort of your own home you may want to visit an actual facility. It’s easier–you don’t have to worry about robes, towels, etc. Also, make sure to call the venue of choice to inquire about their bridal packages.
3. Budget–pick a number and try to stick to it! It’s easy to overspend when no prior organization or arrangement has been made. Ask the bridal entourage to chip in. In fact, it would be a great idea to combine the bridal shower with the bachelorette party. This will tremendously cut costs. Think about it…after a relaxing day of getting pampered you can jump into the jacuzzi and have some dancers attend your party. No one said you can’t do that 😉
4. Invitations–once the details have been figured out, start making invitations. Depending on your budget you can get the pre-made ones, order them online, or create them yourself if you’re feeling extra crafty!
Figuring out the details (3-4 weeks before the party)
1. Guests–who do you want at your party? Of course, the list can only include females. This includes friends and relatives of the bride and groom. Getting everyone together will serve as a great bonding experience.
2. Food–if you host the party at the spa venue then you may ask if they have catering connections (we do!). If not, you can choose the catering yourself. We suggest getting simple foods as opposed to 6 course meals. In terms of drinks, you can serve juices and smoothies. And when the spa part of the party is over, bring out the champagne!
3. Venue set-up–balloons, hats, blow horns, whatever your heart desires. Maybe you want tables, depending on the guest list size. Or perhaps, you want cool embarrassing colleges posted around of the bride’s childhood and adolescence. That, however, is completely up to you.
4. Favors–to thank your guests for coming you can give out favors at the end. This can range from aromatherapy oils to candles to little bottles of lotion. The sky is the limit when it comes to ideas.
5. Gifts–generally the gifts at a bridal shower are intended especially for the bride-to-be. Choose something that she can use on her wedding night…and the nights to follow.
The answer is…more than a lot of people earn per month. I guess when you’re that rich and famous (for no reason) then you can afford to splurge….A LOT. Miss High Maintenance spends over $3,000 each week on her beauty regimen to make herself look “fabulous” as Carrie Bradshaw would call it. Lets take a look:
Donations to Charity…… in the form of getting rid of over 100 pairs of shoes and clothes and donating them. Thanks for your generosity Kim 😉