The Holidays are approaching at full speed..so are the Holiday Savings at Euphora Salon & Medi Spa!
One of life’s paradoxes: Women with gorgeous curly or wavy hair are envious of women with silky straight hair and vice versa. What gives? I have naturally straight hair with a hint of wavy and I’ve always admired women with curly locks. They’re so bouncy and flirty, how can you not like them? Yet, I constantly have girls telling me how much they love my smooth flowy hair. Don’t get me wrong, I do too! However, a little curl wouldn’t hurt 😉
So for those ladies who are tired of their curly hair and the frizz that goes along with it, there’s a special treatment…and it’s called KERATIN.
What is Keratin Straightening?
Keratin is a protein that is found in our hair follicles. It helps fill in the gaps of dry or cracked hair. Now if you mix it with a chemical called formaldehyde and run a hot flat iron through it, then your hair will become straight and will actually stay that way. For how long? Usually it lasts up to three months. Although it depends on how quickly your hair grows out. Because the hair that does grow out will of course look like your natural hair since it wasn’t keratin straightened. The good news is that you can go for maintenance or use a hair product if your hair is easily manageable. In terms of price, in most places, the average cost of having your hair straightened is $300. At Euphora Salon & Medi Spa, the price starts at $150 and goes up depending on the length of your hair. So you don’t have to worry about dishing out the big bucks…unless of course your hair is like Rapunzel’s. Can you color your hair after the treatment? Yes. However, we recommend doing so before you get the treatment. This is because the keratin straightening will help seal in the color.
How to maintain your new ‘do.
For some this may come as good news, and for others not so much. Ready? You can’t wash your hair for 3 days after receiving the treatment. This may mean calling out of work for some of you. The reason is that the solution takes some time to really start working. Also, if you’ve ever seen sulfate-free shampoos in a local drug store, then go back and invest in it. They cost about the same as any other shampoo. The only difference is that sulfate-free shampoos will protect your hair and will not strip the treatment off your new gorgeous hair. We recommend using Chroma Sensitive by Kerastase (can be purchased at Euphora Salon & Medi Spa). It is often used with color treated hair since it’s sulfate-free!
Before you go for a Keratin Hair Straightening, make sure you look into the formaldehyde factor. If you have a certain scalp condition, then this treatment may not be for you. Just do your research so that you come prepared. Knowledge is power 😉
You’re getting married? Congratulations! You’ve stumbled upon this page for someone else who is getting married? Congratulations also…because you’ve come to the right place. Spa Bridal Shower parties are the perfect way to celebrate before the wedding. With all the chaos of planning you will be in need of mind and body relaxation.
So let us help you figure this out step by step.
Who hosts the Bridal Shower Party?
Typically this would be the maid of honor with the help of the bridesmaids. However, it could also be a close friend or relative of the bride.
Pre-Planning (1-2 months before the party)
1. Date–of course the primary thing to do would be to make sure the bride is available on whichever date you decide on. In our experience, the majority of spa bridal showers fall on the weekend. This is when everyone is most likely to get together.
2. Venue–you may decide to have the party either at an actual spa or at your house. Whatever makes you happy. However, keep in mind, unless you have a pool and jacuzzi in the comfort of your own home you may want to visit an actual facility. It’s easier–you don’t have to worry about robes, towels, etc. Also, make sure to call the venue of choice to inquire about their bridal packages.
3. Budget–pick a number and try to stick to it! It’s easy to overspend when no prior organization or arrangement has been made. Ask the bridal entourage to chip in. In fact, it would be a great idea to combine the bridal shower with the bachelorette party. This will tremendously cut costs. Think about it…after a relaxing day of getting pampered you can jump into the jacuzzi and have some dancers attend your party. No one said you can’t do that 😉
4. Invitations–once the details have been figured out, start making invitations. Depending on your budget you can get the pre-made ones, order them online, or create them yourself if you’re feeling extra crafty!
Figuring out the details (3-4 weeks before the party)
1. Guests–who do you want at your party? Of course, the list can only include females. This includes friends and relatives of the bride and groom. Getting everyone together will serve as a great bonding experience.
2. Food–if you host the party at the spa venue then you may ask if they have catering connections (we do!). If not, you can choose the catering yourself. We suggest getting simple foods as opposed to 6 course meals. In terms of drinks, you can serve juices and smoothies. And when the spa part of the party is over, bring out the champagne!
3. Venue set-up–balloons, hats, blow horns, whatever your heart desires. Maybe you want tables, depending on the guest list size. Or perhaps, you want cool embarrassing colleges posted around of the bride’s childhood and adolescence. That, however, is completely up to you.
4. Favors–to thank your guests for coming you can give out favors at the end. This can range from aromatherapy oils to candles to little bottles of lotion. The sky is the limit when it comes to ideas.
5. Gifts–generally the gifts at a bridal shower are intended especially for the bride-to-be. Choose something that she can use on her wedding night…and the nights to follow.
Euphora Salon & Medi Spa went exploring around NYC for Fashion Week. And boy was it one heck of a fun-filled night. Lets start from the beginning….after doing numerous loop-arounds to find parking, myself and the photographer were finally a few blocks away from the party. Yes, it really was a party. There was a DJ in practically every store and champagne was being poured for the customers. Needless to say, I’m sure a lot of those stores got business due to bad drunken decisions on the shoppers’ part. Great marketing strategy. Really.
So you know how in NYC it takes a while to walk a block simply because you have the slower folks acting like NY is made for late summer promenades? Well, Fashion’s Night Out was 9 and a half times worse. It felt like being lined up for a fire drill in high school, where are the kids are so unmotivated to walk anywhere that it takes 10 minutes for everyone to get out of the building and then the teacher yells at them saying, “Had this been a real emergency, you would be dead by now!” Yea, it was like that. It felt like NYC traffic jams, except with human beings…drunk human beings.
Anyhoo…each store we walked into had some sort of event, giveaway, contest, celebrity, fashion show, etc. One particular store had 2 lovely drag queens. I guess it does take balls to be a drag queen. But these ladies, I mean men…or do I?, did their runway strut like they were on America’s Next Top Model.
Next, we decided to shower shoppers with 20% off coupons for Euphora Salon & Medi Spa. The girls were super excited and we, naturally, were there to capture their happiness. Here’s some of it:
One of these girls in particular (I won’t give away which) wound up crying once I asked them if any of them are getting married soon. Her engagement had recently broken off. Damn, talk about bad timing. I, however, took matters in my own hands and promised her that a break-up only means that you’re creating more space in your life for a new man. New man=possible husband=engagement=bridal shower=bachelorette party=strippers. You get the equation. Obviously, upon hearing the words exclusive bachelorette party and male stripper in one sentence her tears were gone with the wind (as you see she is sporting a happy face in the picture above).
Alright, that’s enough happy pictures for now.
Basically, our goal for Fashion’s Night Out was to let the lovely ladies of NY/NJ know that we hold exclusive private parties in our venue that can fit up to 250 people. I must say, it went well. I think what really got them is that they can bring the strippers though. I mean yea, they were psyched about the pool, jacuzzi, and bar that we have but the mental image of a naked man dancing 2 inches away from their face just really blocked that all out. Oh well 🙂
Oh, I almost forgot. Besides the ridiculous amount of shenanigans during Fashion’s Night Out, there was one thing that really stood out from the rest (no, I’m not referencing the drag queens again). The Empire State Building was glowing a gorgeous color of red throughout the entire night. Feast your eyes my friends:
If you or a friend is getting married soon, then…congrats! Secondly, if you’re in the surrounding area of NYC then I have a great bridal shower idea for you and your girls!
Do you like getting pampered? I’m sorry, that was a rhetorical question. If you are a bride-to-be or if one of your friends will soon be walking down the aisle to say “I do”, then a bridal shower at a spa would be the perfect way to celebrate and relax before you begin freaking out about how the wedding seating chart will look.
If the big day is weeks or even months away, you will want to look your best for the wedding. Who can help you with that? A team of superb doctors, estheticians, stylists, and cosmetologists of course. You and your girlfriends can choose from a variety of different ways to make you look and feel beautiful, such as Medi-Spa treatments, massages, bridal make up, facials, hair-styling, and manicures. You can even enjoy the Jacuzzi bubbles followed by a swim in the pool (followed by a drink at the Banya Cafe if you really like to celebrate).
If you like to get pampered and spend time together with your girls, then this Spa Bridal Shower is a great idea for you.